|Product Code:||BK SW WKBK|
Pyrography, meaning "to draw with fire," is a versatile art form that dates back to the Victorian age and continues to thrive today because of its beauty and endless possibilities.
In Pyrography Workbook, internationally renowned Australian pyrographer Sue Walters offers inspiration and sound practical information that will open your eyes to the artistic potential of pyrography. Whether you're a novice or an advanced burner, the engaging style and award-winning talents of Sue Walters will remove the mystery from this captivating art form and make it a more enjoyable experience.
In addition to a gallery of her award-winning work, three step-by-step projects, and a selection of original patterns to inspire future burning, Sue Walters explores:
- Practical and necessary aspects of safety and work area set-up
- Equipment and timber selection
- Preparing the wood and transferring the design
- Special nib techniques and how to apply them
- Textures, patterns, and unusual pyrographical variations
- Burning on leather, gourds, bark and other materials
- The integration and use of colour in pyrography